Dowagiac Credit Union collects nonpublic information from our members and other outside sources. We recognize the responsibility to protect our members’ personal information.We comply with all state and federal regulations regarding the transmission of private information including information used while conducting business by way of the Internet, ATM networks, wire services, telephone, U.S. mail and other means of communication.If you have any questions about this disclosure or what it says, please contact us.
Information We Collect About You
DAFCU will only collect personal information about our members that is necessary for business purposes. This information will be retained by the credit union so that we can provide the products and services you request.
Use and Sharing of Information
We disclose information we collect about you under certain circumstances and as permitted or required by law. The disclosure of this information typically includes processing transactions on your behalf as you authorize, to provide you with a product or service, to conduct the operations of this credit union and to protect the security of our, and your, financial records.
So that we can provide certain products and services we may disclose your information as described above with other organizations.In some cases we make agreements with third parties to provide these products and services to you on your behalf or to jointly market products and services. For example, we may provide information to make insurance products available at reduced premiums. In order to protect your privacy, we only do business with companies that will agree, in writing, to maintain confidentiality protections. We require such companies to use your information only for the reasons that we have approved. If you withdraw from membership at DAFCU we will not share the information that we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law. You have the right to “opt-out” of information sharing. To do so, contact DAFCU at (269) 782-2410 to request an “opt-out” form.
Accuracy of Information
DAFCU will follow prudent measures to ensure the accuracy of both its records and your personal information. When brought to our attention, all inaccuracies will be immediately corrected.
If you have any questions concerning the accuracy of your personal information please call a DAFCU representative. We request that you keep us informed of any changes such as address, name and e-mail address, so that you may receive the maximum benefit from your credit union.
Linking to Other Web Sites
DAFCU is not responsible for the content of any third party Web site or the privacy practices of such third parties. In addition, a link from our Web site to another Web site does not indicate that Credit Union endorses the services or policies of such third party Web site. You should always investigate the information practices of all Web sites that you access and carefully examine the privacy policies, if any, of the Web sites appearing on or linking to or from our Web site. Information collected from the linked Web sites will be subject to the information practices of those Web sites.
Furnishing Negative Information to Consumer Reporting Agencies
- We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
- The terms of the credit you have applied for will be set in whole or in part based upon information from a consumer report. We obtain this information from Equifax. You may obtain a copy of your credit report without charge by calling 1-877-322-8228 or at www.annualcreditreport.com
This notice has been provided to you as required by Section 217 of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003.
Your credit report provides a glimpse of how financially responsible you are. Maintaining a clean credit report is vital to your financial well being. Negative information in your credit report will lower your credit score. Your credit score can be reviewed by lenders, landlords and even potential employers. With a low credit score you will be more likely to:
- Be denied future credit
- Be offered lower credit limits
- Pay higher rates on the credit you do receive
Please make your payments on time and always pay at least the minimum amount due to assure that negative information regarding your accounts with us will not appear on your credit report.
Our Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server, considered the strongest and most secure Web server software on the market.